PRIMITIVE CAMPGROUND & SPECIAL EVENTS AREA AT RIVERBEND RECREATION AREA
Riverbend Recreation Area has a class "C" primitive camping facility available for tent camping and special events. Reservations are taken up to one year in advance and are not made or confirmed until the rental fee and signed Rental Agreement are received at the Hancock Park District Office, located at 1424 E. Main Cross St., Findlay, Ohio, Monday through Friday, between 8 AM and 4:30 PM (except for holidays.) REMEMBER: Payment must be received by the HPD office BEFORE setting up at the campground.
The campground offers eight designed tent camping sites with no outdoor lighting. Each camping site includes a picnic table and fire ring. Waste water drains, trash receptacles and a barrel containing non-potable water with a bucket for extinguishing campfires are located along the edge of the woods. Waterless restrooms and a drinking fountain are available in the Big Oaks area. All potable and non-potable water is available on a seasonal basis only.
Parking is located in the Big Oaks parking area. Vehicles are not permited in the campground. Camping gear must be carried in from the parking area.
Campers must remain in the campground and adjoining areas, including restrooms and parking lot after dark. Quiet hours are 11 PM to 8 AM. Special events must be concluded with the area vacated by dark unless otherwise permitted.
An adult must accompany juvenile campers under 18 years of age. There must be two adults for the first eight juveniles and one adult for every eight juveniles thereafter.
Pets allowed on a leash leash no longer than six feet. Alcohol is not permitted in the campground.
Riverbend Recreation Area Primitive Campground & Special Events Area Fees:
- Camping Site (maximum of seven consecutive days/month) $6 per person per night
- Campground (eight designated camping sites) $125
- Entire Campground for Special Events $125
Payment must be received by the HPD office BEFORE setting up at the campground.
Interested in reserving the Campground & Special Activities Area?
1. To check if a particular date is available, you must call the HPD Office at 419-425-7275, Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
2. The reservation fee can be paid at or mailed to the HPD Office, 1424 E. Main Cross Street, Findlay, Ohio 45840. All reservations are first-come, first-served.
3. Make checks or money orders payable to: Hancock Park District. If paying in cash, only bills of $20 domination or smaller will be accepted. No debit or credit cards are accepted.
4. If sending your reservation by mail, complete and submit the following two forms with your reservation fee:
5. Once the reservation fee and two signed documents are received, a confirmation letter will be mailed to confirm the requested reservation date