At Riverbend Recreation Area
16618 Twp. Rd. 208
Raccoon Run Winter Sports Center is open from December to March on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays, and some holidays). During season, please call the center at 419-424-1555 before you go as ground and weather conditions change.
The concession is located at RIVERBEND RECREATION AREA in Big Oaks Area at Shelter #3; the concession offers cross-country skiing and snowshoeing equipment rentals. The concession is open to the general public with rentals provided on a first come, first served basis, and operates seasonally during good snow conditions (4+ inches) from 11:00am – 5:00pm. Participants can enjoy warm refreshments and a warm fire afterwards inside the concession area of Shelter 3.
Other times may be added as good conditions present themselves. Reach the Raccoon Run concession during open hours to check conditions by calling 419-424-1555.
FEES: Hourly rates are set at $7.00 per hour, or $20.00 for all day. HPD accepts checks (preferred), made payable to Hancock Park District, or cash in small denominations. The exact amount is appreciated. Rental fees are paid when equipment is rented at the winter sports center. HPD no longer accepts any bills larger than $20 denomination for facility reservations, program fees, and concession fees (ski rentals, boat rentals, and hayrides).
- "Beginner Cross-country Ski” workshops will be conducted on Saturday mornings in January (4, 11 & 18) and February (1, 8 & 15) from 9am-10:30am, before the winter sports center opens. Other times may be available dependent on ground and weather conditions. A $12 fee, per person, is required to be paid the Friday before each Saturday workshop at the HPD office. Workshop fees include equipment (skis, poles, boots), instruction, time to practice your new skills, and a cup of hot chocolate afterwards. Call the HPD at 419-425-7275, M-F, 8am - 4:30pm, to check availability of workshops and dates.
- "Beginner Snowshoeing" workshop is scheduled for Saturday, January 25 from 9-10:30 AM. Fee is $10 per person to participate.
- Group Reservations can be made for groups of eight or more during non-public open dates and times. Call the HPD office for details.
- All day rentals can be arranged to take equipment to other locations in Hancock County throughout the week by calling the HPD office, during normal busines hours, M-F, 8 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Trails are groomed at Riverbend during good snow conditions. Trails at Oakwoods and Litzenberg are suitable for cross-country skiing. Equipment may be taken these other park district areas.
RACCOON RUN DISCOUNT COUPON
DIRECTIONS TO RIVERBEND
RACCOON RUN BROCHURE - Photos provided by the Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau
HPD VISITOR GUIDE
WINTER SPORTS IN YOUR HANCOCK PARKS from HANCOCK PARK DISTRICT on Vimeo.